CHARTERERS’ P&I, DAMAGE TO HULL (DTH) AND FREIGHT, DEMURRAGE AND DEFENCE (FD&D)
In respect of liability to seamen, damage to property, removal of wreck and many others, the Club provides cover on the basis of a combined single limit of up to USD 750 million or EUR 750 million. However, where needed, we are able to offer more comprehensive third party liability cover. We can arrange this cover either as a standard extension or on bespoke terms.
CHARTERERS’ LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO HULL
Cover falls into three broad subheadings; Liabilities to owners, Member’s own interests and Member’s costs, fees and expenses.
Extensions of and/or additions to cover may be available to Members for through transit liability, extended through transit liability, consortium and/or slot charterers’ liabilities, extended cargo liability and containers and container liability.
CHARTERERS’ FD&D COVER
Covers legal costs and expenses arising out of a variety of disputes in which a Charterer may be involved. This cover does not form part of the Charterers’ CSL but is a valuable adjunct to it covering such matters as disputes with owners, disputes over charter hire and with port authorities. Over loading and discharging of cargo and with bunker suppliers. The cover is limited to USD10million any one claim, the first USD 7,500 covered in full by the Association with the Member contributing one-third of all expenses, which will be capped at a maximum of USD 150,000.
The following may be available to Charterer Members on application.
- Bunkers insurance
- Loss of freight/loss of hire
- Cargo owner’s legal liability
- Cover for indemnities
- Charterers’ Liability Insurance 2020/21
- Charterers Liability Insurance – Additional Insurances – FAQs – 2020-21
- Charterers Liability Insurance – Additional Insurance – Non Poolable FAQs 2020-21
- Overview of Charterers’ cover for Members engaged in Bulk trades
- Overview of Charterers’ cover for Members engaged in Multimodal trades