PANAMA CANAL WATER CONSERVATION STRATEGIES
Published: February 6, 2020
Our Correspondents in Panama have notified us of the Panama Canal Authority Advisory to Shipping ADV02-2020.
Due to changing rainfall patterns and historic low water levels at Gatun Lake, the Panama Canal will implement a series of water conservation measures with effect from FEBRUARY 15TH 2020.
- A Fresh Water Surcharge applicable to vessels over 38.1 metres LOA, comprising a fixed and a variable component
- Payment of Transit Reservation (Booking) Fees
- Modifications to the Auctioned Booking Slot
- A Transit Condition charge
- Just in Time Transit
- Transit Itinerary Creation Fee