KOREA QUARANTINE OFFICE NEW COVID-19 REGULATIONS
Published: September 30, 2020
Our Correspondents in Korea, P&I Bros, advise that, in accordance with updated COVID-19 regulations, all crew members on board ships calling at a Korean port after 8 September 2020, are required to have a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test certificate if they have recently joined the ship in or visited any of the following countries: PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH, KAZAKHSTAN, KYKRGYZSTAN, PHILIPPINES, UZBEKISTAN and RUSSIA.
The PCR test certificate must be issued by a medical facility authorised by the Korean government at least 48 hours before the crewmember boards the ship.
Failure to submit such a PCR test certificate to the port authority upon the ship’s arrival will lead to a penalty in the amount of KRW10 million per crewmember. The seafarer must also receive a new PCR test in Korea to facilitate the ship’s clearance inwards, the cost of which will be for the shipowners’ account. Any failure will also result in the ship being placed on a blacklist and prohibited from calling at Korean ports for 6 months.
The approved list of PCR test facilities in each of the designated countries authorized by the Korean Government are as follows;
- St. Luke’s Medical Center (BGC Taguig)
- St. Luke’s Medical Center (Quezon City)
- Makati Medical Center (Makati City)
- Manila Doctor’s Hospital (Ermita, Manila)
- The Medical City (Pasig City)
- Lung Center of the Philippines (Quezon, City)
- PRI Medical Center (Angeles, Pampanga)
- Baguio Medical Center (Baguio City)
- The Medical City Clark (Mabalacat, Pampanga)
- ARC Hospital (Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu)
- University of Cebu Medical Center (Mandaue City)
- Qualimed Hospital (Iloilo City, Leyte)
- Divine Word Hospital (Tacloban City, Leyte)
- Prime Care Alpha COVID-19 Testing Laboratory (Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu)
- Swiss Lab(Tashkent)
- Vitros Diagnostics(Tashkent)
- GENOTEXNOL OGIYA
- Asklepiy (Vladivostok)
- TAFI (Vradivostok)
- FALCK (Vladivostok)
- GEMOTEST (Sakhalin region)
- INVITRO Sakhalin region)
- Med-Diagnostika (Sakhalin region)
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk City Hospital(Sakhalin region)
- Citilab (St, Petersburg)
- German Family Clinic(St. Petersburg)
- Railroad Clinical Hospital 1 (St. Petersburg)
- Yekaterinskaya Clinic (Krasnodar Kri)
- Sun Clinic (Krasnodar Kri)
- CL Clinic (Krasnodar Kri)
- Evromed Clinic .(Krasnodar Kri)
- Gemotest (Krasnodar Kri)
- Chughtai Labs
- Shaukat Khaum Labs.
- Excel Labs.
- Aga Khan Labs.
- (SBMC)Sher E Bangla Medical College, Barisal
- (BITID) Bangladesh Institute of Tropical & Infectious Disease, Chattagram
- CoxMC)Cox’s bazar Medical College(IEDCR Filed Laboratory)
- (CuMC) Curnilla Medical College
- (NILMRC)National Institute of Laboratory Medicine & Referral Centre.
- (NPML-IPH)Institute of Public Health
- (NIPSOM) National Institute of Preventive & Social Medicine
- Narayanganj 300 Bed Hospital
- (KMC)Khulna Medical College
- (KuMC) Kustia Medical College
- (MMC) Mymensingh Medical College
- (SZRMC) Shahid Ziaur Rahman Medical College Bogura
- (RMC) Rahshahi Medical College
- M Abdur Rahim Medical College, Dinajpur
- (RpMC) Rangpur Medical College
- (SOMC) Sylhet MAG OSMANI Medical College
- MPK(Medical Partners Korea Clinic).
- KDL OLIMP